Friday, February 5, 2010

Times Ten Wine Cellar

Last night I had an Alpha Chi Omega alumnae wine tasting event at the Times Ten Wine Cellar in Ft. Worth. We got to sample 8 wines that are bottled under the Times Ten Wine Cellar label. They are all Texas wines and the vineyard is actually in Alpine, TX. That is west Texas for those that may not know. All of the ones we tried were very good and I will say she was very generous on the tasting portions. Probably too generous considering we were tasting so many. We tasted the following:

2008 Rose
2008 Sauvignon Blanc
2008 Chardonnay
2008 Gewurztraminer
2007 Grenache
2007 Cathedral Mountain Vineyard blend
2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
2007 Petite Syrah

My favorites were the Chardonnay, Grenache, and the Petite Syrah. I actually bought a bottle of the Petite Syrah. I didn't really write down the notes she gave on them, but I do remember a few things. The Rose she said was good with Mexican food. The Grenache was good to have with pizza. The Cabernet Sauvignon was good to have at weddings because most people like it. The Petite Syrah is probably their best wine and most popular.


I highly recommend this place. It was very interesting to hear all about the vineyard and the wine business. I learned a little about different types of wine and it has a great atmosphere. They even have a party room that is very nice and would be perfect for small wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, or just any sort of private party. The tasting room was very nice and can be made private if you like. She said that you can find their wines mostly in Ft. Worth, but there are a few restaurants in Dallas that have it. The ones she mentioned in Ft. Worth that stand out to me are Reata and the new Tillman's Roadhouse. She even said Central Market would be carrying their wine soon.

So a very fun evening and a perfect little GNO!

2 comments:

The Lindleys said...

Times Ten is owned by our old neighbors here in Dallas!!! We love those guys!! We can't wait to try out the new FW location. So fun.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Wish I lived there...you know how I love me some vino! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails