Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day #3

This morning I woke up at 4:30am and checked outside. The ground was already white. So I went back to bed, just knowing it was going to be a great morning to sleep in and a fun snow day with the girls. Our local ISD had other plans. They decided that it would be a good day to have everyone venture out into the 4+ inches of snow and therefore making the day a lot more stressful. SO normally I would have just the kept the girls home anyway...but I had to go to work. This was my first day watching the shop while my in-laws are on a buying trip to Europe. If they were still in town, I would have stayed home from the beginning.

But, in the end it all worked out. They cancelled school a little early. I got my kiddos, and we made it home safe. I did have to shovel snow for about 15-20 minutes to get my car in my garage, but I did it and got my workout in for the day! Go me! So we went inside and before you could say "It is great to be home", we were back out in the snow building this:



Here are some other pics from this frigid, snowy, stressful, but oh so beautiful day. It is still snowing almost 20 hours after it started. We are now up to about 9 inches. It is gorgeous! We get a real "for real" snow day tomorrow!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails