Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten and a Schultute

Today was Sarah's 1st day of Kindergarten. Whenever she reaches a milestone, my mind immediately clicks back to the day that I found out I was pregnant with her. How my life is so drastically different now and how I would not change a thing. I can't believe we are in real school now and it is amazes me everyday how much more grown up she is getting. I now it is just Kindergarten, but she is just so much a big kid these days. She loves reading and is getting quite good at it. She can add and subtract any group of numbers to 10. She says her favorite number is infinity. (That is also how much she tells daddy and I how much she loves us: infinity times infinity! Melts my heart! She loves to play checkers and she is quite good. She is very much into dressing herself, taking her own sweet time getting ready in the morning and before bed, and she loves to sing and dance to all those teeny bopper tunes from Disney channel. She is definitely 5 going on 15! So this is my sweet baby girl ready for the big day:


This is her little sister very excited as if it was her first day, as well! Also...Lauren is a little jealous of Sarah's schultute! (More on that below)

This is Sarah walking with her daddy to school!

This is Sarah in front of her new school!

This is Sarah in her new class!

This is Sarah with her friend in her new class!

Now...about the schultute....it is a German tradition that on the 1st day of school kids get a cone filled with school supplies and little goodies to celebrate the big day! This was obviously my first attempt at making one. It came out pretty good. She got some new crayons, markers, books, notepads, etc...

I hope she has a great first day! I will be thinking about her all day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails