Friday, August 21, 2009

Thinking of Mom

Today I am thinking of my mother.....well, I think about her every day....but today would have been her 66th birthday. I miss having her around. It definitely feels like my life is missing something and that there is a hole that she used to fill. I miss talking to her, I miss having her unconditional support, and I miss her love of life and all things beautiful. I love this picture because it reminds me of how much she loved Sarah (you can see Sarah looking straight at her). It also reminds me of that unconditional support.


This was a hard time for her to be in California because she was not feeling well. She would have not missed it for the world, though. She had planned to stay through Christmas because the 25th was Sarah's due date, but Sarah did not come until January 9th. My mom not only stayed until she was born (and even after), but she stayed up at the hospital with me from 1:30pm on January 8th until about 4pm on January 9th. She had little or no sleep because I was in labor that long. It wasn't until that evening when I was resting in my room, that she finally went back to the house to get some rest herself. It was comforting to have her there and it was comforting always to have her in my life. I am sad she didn't get to see Sarah grow up. They have many things in common. Mainly...Sarah loves to where her hair in a bun (as did my mom) and Sarah loves salads, reading books, and she loves looking at all my mom's old jewelery. I think they would have had a special bond and I am sad for Sarah that she didn't get that chance. I am also sad that my mom never met Lauren. She would have loved her, too! I can't think about all that isn't, too much. I need to focus on the positive. I have lots of stories to tell my girls, I have lots of pictures, and I have lots of written words that my mom wrote. So...I am just thinking of her today and what a special person she was to me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails