This is a recipe I got from Southern Living magazine. It serves 4. Here is the "cast of characters" for tonight's dinner. (I love that phrase that other bloggers use to describe the ingredients of a recipe!)
12 oz cooked linguine
2lbs chicken breast strips
1 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
1.25 salt, divided
1/4 cup of butter
2 small peppers thinly sliced. (you can pick any color red, yellow, orange, or green, or do a little of them all)
2 green onions, sliced
1.5 cups of half and half
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp of dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with cajun seasoning & 1 tsp. of salt. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and saute 5 or 6 minutes or until done. Remove the chicken.
3. Add peppers and green onions to skillet and saute 9-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates.
4. Return chicken to skillet, stir in the half and half, and then the next 3 ingredients. Then add remaining 1/4 tsp. of salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated throughout.
5. Add linguine and toss to coat. Garnish with extra green onions.
Notes: This is an easy meal to make and it doesn't take that long. It also re-heats well in the microwave the next day for great left-overs!
NieNies Roadies Day 2
3 hours ago