Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Best Part of the Day...


Yes, it was this strawberry cake! My Charlie makes this for me every year (if he happens to be home) and it is so good. The tradition started with my mom. She used to make this for me on most of my birthdays. Charlie has very sweetly picked up the tradition. Sarah is most excited to get to take a slice in her lunch tomorrow to celebrate her 1/2 birthday!

All in all it was a good day.....A pretty typical day, but had nice gifts and a good dinner thrown in. We went to Fireside Pies. One of my favorites! We got the Italian salad, and both the triple-roni and the meatball pizza. I honestly have never had a bad thing at this place. I also love their Fireside cheese salad and the baby arugula salad. The North Beach pizza pie is also quite tasty. Their desserts are pretty yummy, too. Their brownie is VERY good and their cobblers are too. We went to dinner with Charlie's parents so we split the peach cobbler, but I was secretly saving room for my strawberry cake when I got home. If Lauren hadn't been a holy terror at dinner it would have been perfect, but she was not a happy camper. Thank God for a little vino! Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails