Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tornado Warning in February

Well tonight was a clear sign to me that winter is over and spring is on the way! It is February 10th and we had our 1st tornado warning of the year! It took me 3 attempts to get Lauren to sleep tonight and about 10 minutes after I finally got her to sleep the tornado sirens start going off!! AGH! So, Sarah was already by my side and I dashed upstairs and grabbed the sleeping Lauren, then back downstairs and into the closet we went. Peaches, too! We hung out for about 10-15 minutes. The sirens went off briefly during that time, but then came back on. Once I felt all was clear, I went and checked the computer and put Lauren back to bed. I held her in my arms the whole time and she never woke up! Even through Sarah talking a mile a minute and Peaches acting like a weirdo, she was out like a light! So both are safe and snug back in their beds and that is where I am headed too! After all that, I don't think there ever was a real tornado, but better safe than sorry! Too bad Charlie missed all the fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails