Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Activities

The girls both started new activities this week. Lauren began her first mommy & me class. It is at the Little Gym. We had done this with Sarah at this age, so I felt like it would be good for Lauren, too. I have flashbacks to not so great times doing Little Gym (a lot of screaming and crying and not just on Sarah's part), so I was a bit nervous that it would be a repeat with Lauren. It was the complete opposite. I think we had better success because this time around I just let her do what she wanted. I wasn't overly concerned with having her do everything little thing the teacher asked and to stay by my side the whole time. I gave her her freedom and she LOVED IT! She liked the balls and bubbles the best, but I must say she loved practicing her forward rolls. Sarah was always a little afraid of this task, but not Lauren! She is my little daredevil. I look forward to doing this with her every week this summer! I think it will be a blast!




Sarah began swimming this week. She will go to the local natatorium for 2 weeks M-Th. This is the 3rd time we have done swimming lessons and she is not quite swimming on her own. I am hoping we have great results in a couple of weeks. If not, we will just keep trying! She just needs to get over her fear! She looks so darn cute in her swim cap, though!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails