Friday, June 26, 2009

10 years and counting....


It was 10 years ago today that I married the man of my dreams! I was 22 and he was 29 and we had a rather large wedding (280) down in good ol' San Antone! It was one of the best days of my life. I loved that it was Charlie I was marrying and I loved that we had all our family and friends together on such a fun day. One of my fondest memories is of how happy and beautiful my mother was that day. We got married at the Alamo Heights Methodist Church and had our reception at the St. Anthony Hotel. I remember so many wonderful things about that day....I loved my flowers and my dress, I loved seeing Charlie as I walked down the aisle, I remember is brother crying during the vows, I remember my brother wrote a song and sang it for my dad and I to do our dance to, I remember the piano music at the cocktail hour, and seeing all our friends have a blast at the reception. I also remember that the Spurs won the NBA championship that night, so it was electric downtown! I wish I could go back and re-live that day. Back in 1999 we were living in So. California. We had just moved into our new beautiful apartment in Rancho Palos Verdes that had a 180 degree ocean view. I was working at NBC Studios and he at FOX Sports. He still works for FOX Sports, although is much higher up in the company now. As for me, I soon left the TV industry, worked in catering for a while, and now am loving being mom to our beautiful girls! I cannot believe it has been 10 years. Quite a lot has happened in those 10 years and I am so thankful we are still happy, in love, and looking forward to the future. Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful wedding and thank you Charlie for a wonderful marriage!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails