Monday, April 19, 2010

First thing First


I am heading into one of my busiest weeks of the year. This weekend is the Iota Lambda chapter of Alpha Chi Omega's 20th reunion. It was 20 years ago this month that our chapter was invited on the campus at TCU.

Check out their website here: Alpha Chi Omega, TCU

Since moving back to Texas I have become involved with that chapter as an advisor and have served as the Ft. Worth Alumnae Club president for the past 3 years. So in the summer of 2008 while at the AXO National Convention it was brought to my attention that our 20th reunion would be coming up in 2010, so we all began brainstorming what we wanted that weekend to be like. I cannot believe it is already here, and I am so glad. We have put together a great team who has really pulled this weekend off. Although my main duties were to keep the group on track and make sure nothing was forgotten, I still am the MC for the Saturday night event at Colonial Country Club and I am running the ceremony that takes place on Sunday for our new graduating seniors.

I am so excited to see old friends and have fun re-living those college years. I am, however, so in vacation mode, it is not even funny. In a little over a month, we will be jetting off to Europe for a little over 3 weeks. We will be spending 2 of those weeks in Ireland. We are pretty much doing a grand tour of the country and it's famous landmarks, as well as, doing a little family history research. We have located some locations of interest in our families past, and we plan to stop for visits. We will end our trip in Northern France and spend the last 4 days in Paris. I cannot wait for Paris. I cannot wait to take my oldest daughter there. She is excited beyond words. Charlie and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary with a dinner at the Jules Verne on the Eiffel Tower. Although I am not a big fan of heights, I cannot think of a more romantic location. So...my mind is in Paris....


but I have a lot of work to do for this reunion this weekend, so first thing is first.

Not to mention I still have a May Day party to throw, soccer games, dance recital, Wicked to go see, just to name a few things here between now and then. So I have to stay focused and take it one week at a time. June will be here before I know it.

Now if only that volcano would simmer down......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so pumped to see you this weekend! you have done a great job of planning and executing. it will be awesome!
~Katie B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails