Sunday, January 10, 2010

High School Musical Party

Sarah has been talking about a High School Musical Party for almost a year now. In fact, she usually decides what she wants for next year's party sometime within the week of her current party. (I actually think I know what we will do next year already!) So for a year, it has been High School Musical! The day finally came and it was a good one. We chose a local dance studio to have the party. Her guest lists was quite long and she has made it clear that she prefers parties outside the home, so I guess I gotta respect her wishes! The girls had a blast. They gotta to learn a routine to Sharpay's "I want it all" from HSM 3. This happens to be Sarah's favorite song from the movie. We then had some cake and open gifts! Short and sweet little party! Here are the details:

Theme: High School Musical
Location: Dana's Studio of Dance
Cake: Before I say who... just let me say that we perused the Internet for possible ideas for cakes. She picked this one out as her favorite. As simple as it gets. Found it at Wal-Mart of all places! I got lots of rave reviews from the kids, so not a gourmet cake by any means, but they all LOVED IT!
Favors: Red bags with HSM microphone head sets, notebooks, stickers, magnets, pencil, star lollipop, and a megaphone.
Decor: Lots of red and black. Used lots of gold stars. Made little place mats out of scrapbook paper and cold stars. We had a life size poster of the cast for pictures.














Later that night, we had a small family celebration at the house. The celebration was not just for Sarah's birthday, but for the fact the Cowboys finally won a play-off game. It was a good day and a great evening! Happy Birthday my Sarah!


2 comments:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Stinkin adorable!!!

Holly Lefevre said...

Seriously that looks like fun. Invite us next year...I want to go to a Tamra party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails