Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday



My Sarah....6 years-old today! 6 years ago today I had been in labor for over 24 hours. I started contractions around 5am on January 8th and she was born a little after 1 in the afternoon on the 9th! Given that she was supposed to be born Christmas Day and that the labor took almost a day and a half, I thought she was never going to come. Interesting side note about her birth. She was due Christmas Day - her maternal grandfather's birthday and she was born on January 9th - her maternal grandmother's birthday.

Here we are 6 years later. My Sarah has been the joy of my life. She is all I ever hoped for and wished for. She is a sweet soul and loves almost everything and everyone. She loves reading, playing games, playing pretend and dress-up. She loves dancing, ice skating, swimming, soccer, gymnastics, and doing art. She likes to travel to new places, eat pepperoni pizza, look at books in her bed at night with a flashlight, play at the beach, play air hockey and ride her bike. I love that she is so loving and gives lots of kisses and hugs. She is such a good girl and tries to be even when she is not. She is a great big sister even though she said it is hard. I love that she makes little books and little cards for everyone all the time. She loves all her friends. In fact, I had to cut her list of birthday guests at 23, even though she probably wanted more of her friends there. I love making pancakes for her on the weekends, listening to the secrets she has to tell, and creeping into her room after she is asleep and giving her a sweet kiss hoping she is dreaming of all things lovely. She is my love. She is my Sarah.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails