Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sarah is Seven

Well, did ya miss me?? Sorry I have been MIA on the blogging front. We have only been a little busy with the holidays, TCU winning the Rose Bowl, my daughter's 7th birthday and moving to California! I hope to get back on track this month and plan on having lots of posts!


SO let's back track to January 9th. My sweet Sarah turned 7! I can't even believe it. There are times I look at her and she is 7 going on 13 and other times I am sweetly reminded she is still a child. What a blessing of a daughter she is. I don't even know where to begin when I try to describe my first born and how much I love her. People tell me all the time that she is so polite and well mannered. I take that as a huge compliment and it is truly one of the things I love most about her. She loves her family and she loves her friends. I was very concerned about us moving away from everyone and that she would be missing her friends. She is, but she has done a wonderful job of making new ones and adjusting just perfect. I am so glad she did not inherit the vast shyness that I grew up with. She is very social, friendly, and easy to make friends with. I am so proud that she was so brave to start a new school and she fell right into place in her new class instantly. I love that Sarah is creative. She is a beautiful artist and loves to draw pictures and write stories to go with them. I love that she is still my baby and likes watching Nick Jr., still likes bed time stories, still wants all her Beatrix Potter stuff in her room, and still likes playing dress up and baby dolls. On the other hand, I think it is adorable (and a tad bit scary) that she loves to play on her DS, is a Justin Beiber fan, likes to take hip hop, and doesn't want a drop of pale pink in her new room. We bought everything from PB Teen. Suited her taste much better. She is still a picky eater, but I am proud that one of the few things she loves to eat is vegetables...carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers will be chosen over many a bad food any day of the week. She has set a great example for me as I don't like vegetables all that much. She loves ice skating, soccer, girl scouts, hip hop, Irish step dancing, art, and playing at the beach. She could dig from here to China she loves playing in the sand so much. She is so full of love and has such a sweet heart. Even though baby sister is always in her stuff, I know she loves her too. Last but not least...I am molding her into my little party planner apprentice. She was my right hand girl when it came to planning her 7th birthday party. We had an Around the World sleepover (for 11) and it was a blast! Next post I will share all the details! It was so much fun working on the project with her and she had such good ideas and really enjoyed being involved. Love to my Sweet Sarah on her 7th birthday. You are growing like a weed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails