Tuesday, June 17, 2014

BNP Paribas Open 2014

This was my 2nd year heading out to the desert for a little R&R and Rafa stalking (my favorite!)  This year I had one of my good friends from college come with me.  We would hang out with tennis players in the morning at breakfast.  We seemed to be on the same schedule for the lobby as Stan most days. (Stan Wawrinka)  We would then either shop, spa, or catch a practice mid-day and then head out for the matches in the evening!  This year a 2nd large stadium was added with delightful new restaurants such as Nobu.  It was a wonderful long weekend and the weather was perfect.  It is my little guilty pleasure to watch and take photos of Rafa every year and this year I actually got within reaching distance of him.  Being that I am slightly obsessed, I pretty much had no idea what to do when he was 2 feet away from me.  Sadly a glance and a photo is all I got, but I'll take it! I did enjoy watching more of the matches this year as I am getting into tennis more.  I enjoy watching other players and it has made an impact in my house.  Now everyone in my house either plays tennis, is taking lessons, or is about to this summer!  It is a great sport and my dream is to get to go watch it in Europe one of these years!  Possibly even the French Open!

First match against Stepanek


 
Your welcome, ladies.  Fernando Verdasco

Practice


The Joker
 Federer Practice
 Andy Murray breakfast bound.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails